Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-18-2018, 12:53 PM   #21
WereDragon EX
Robot Master
Re: Rippersnapper & Snarl on walmart.ca ...

It seems like those figures are out of stock on the website now. Rippersnapper is now being sold at 30 something bucks and listed as being fulfilled by another seller.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:28 PM   #22
predahank
Storing is hoarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
I understand all that you guys are saying but then we all complain when figures shelf warm at the TRUs and then are sad when they close down. I mean with patience TRU gets the figures in... I know we need to get them right away but if TRU ends up belly flopping with this new buyer then we're all f'ed! Just saying.... I like to rant on this subject and please don't take it personally that i'm shitting on your decision.
I generally buy all my mainline stuff from tru mainly because of pricing but I am happy to support them in doing so. Of course if walmart is the only place carrying something..... ie combiner wars liokaiser
predahank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:59 PM   #23
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngnaw View Post
I mean with patience TRU gets the figures in...
For most Transformers, yeah, but one of the reasons I’ve been going with other places is because TRU has been really spotty on other things lately. My local store here in Barrie is 3 waves behind on Star Wars Black Series figures and gets in Marvel Legends usually only one case per wave and sporadically at best. I do hope things improve, but honestly at this point if they go under I’m not sure how effected I’d be as a collector. I’ve spent around $1,000 this year at retail, and not much of that has been at TRU. I’d love it if they could turn that around, but for now I just go where the product is. I’d rather pay a little more and support better businesses than hold out a couple months for TRU to maybe get what I want, save a few dollars and reward them for slow distribution. Just my feelings. Like I said though, I’d love them to turn things around and just generally ‘be better’, but in the mean time I go where ever wants my money enough to keep their shelves fresh and stocked.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:30 PM   #24
MapleMegatron
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Like I said though, I’d love them to turn things around and just generally ‘be better’, but in the mean time I go where ever wants my money enough to keep their shelves fresh and stocked.
The problem is there isnt any product at any mass retailer in the country. Neither Walmart nor Amazon has these toys at the moment (online or in store). So TRU is basically the same. And that also goes for Marvel Legends, DC multiverse figures and Star Wars Black Series. There is not one single Marvel Legends Iron Spider at any of these stores at the moment, just to give an example. In general, I actually found TRU better with all of those series in terms of stock for the Black Series, especially since Walmart only has dozens of Jin Orsos left and nothing else.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:58 PM   #25
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I gotta agree, more and more it feels like the toy industry in North America relies too much on big blockbuster time and rarely stocks the shelves during most of the year. There's the huge push in Summer with Movie Lines hitting and taking over until Spring next year, and then most of the new stuff comes out just in time for Christmas.

It isn't like it used to be where you could actually find product on shelves, ten years ago Transformers and Star Wars were easily found in mass quantities. ten years later for a good chunk of the year the entire toy section is clogged with unsellable junk peg warmers, returns from parts swappers (who are complete asses) and other useless junk that stores only keep around at full price because otherwise their shelves would be completely empty, as the case seems a good 75% of the year.

It is not a good time to be a toy collector and the worse it gets the more I wonder how much longer we'll be able to get NEW product and whether or not it's even worth it to keep buying.

The fun, excitement and wonder has finally died and the people in charge of buying product and selling product just seem to think that the toy industry should die so they can make more shelving space for their digital electronic gadgets and junk.

It's a sorry state of affairs when there isn't enough product available for longer than a few days for everybody in the country.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:51 AM   #26
WereDragon EX
Robot Master

So ELI5: We know that Wal-Mart has stock of PotP Wave 2, since a cursory look at the sightings threads on this site will tell you that there is some stock of it in the stores, albeit it tends to sell out quickly. So my question is, if they clearly have this stuff in stock and can stock their stores with it, why can't they put it on their website for people to purchase? I'm sure they will get plenty of sales that way, since a lot of people clearly want those figures.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:18 AM   #27
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
So ELI5: We know that Wal-Mart has stock of PotP Wave 2, since a cursory look at the sightings threads on this site will tell you that there is some stock of it in the stores, albeit it tends to sell out quickly. So my question is, if they clearly have this stuff in stock and can stock their stores with it, why can't they put it on their website for people to purchase? I'm sure they will get plenty of sales that way, since a lot of people clearly want those figures.
This!

Walmart, and especially TRU really need to up their online game. It's really frustrating to see things being seen in the stores (barely) but they are nowhere to be seen online.
If I could've placed a pre-order at TRU for the TF's I wanted, like the various Prime Masters and the Terrorcons, I would've done it a long time ago!