Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #31
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Predaking Reissue - Worth getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Mario from Automaton just got confirmation the reissue will be die-cast. Awesome!
holy crap. this thing is gonna weigh as much as a small child.

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:50 PM   #32
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

I don't own Predaking but my buddy does. He's amazing. I wish I had the dough for the re-issue. It's been said already in the thread, he's a huge toy and each part is a thick, solid voyager size toy. I also agree with the comments about Predaking being a 'uniform' color scheme. He's got a ton going for him.

But man, just the transformation scheme is fun. Of all the G1 gestalts, only a couple are unique. Devastator, Monstructor, and Predaking. The rest all follow scramble city. All five predacons are the same size, there's no giant center part. And it's only FIVE bots, not six. It's awesome and fun to transform and combine and completely unique.
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #33
AUTOMATON
Mariomus Prime

Just a precision here that is worth mentioning: I guess most of fans are aware of this but still. The ''die-cast version of Predaking'' doesn't mean that the Predacons are actually made entirely of die-cast. It's just that we are now 100% sure that the 2010 reissue will be just like the original G1 release, die-cast wise. So there are major parts in the 2010 Predacons that are die-cast.

The second run (I think) of G1 Predaking, back in the day, was entirely made of plastic, wich is not the case with the 2010 reissue.

www.automatontoys.com
AUTOMATON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:58 PM   #34
soundwaveCA
Retired TF Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTOMATON View Post
Just a precision here that is worth mentioning: I guess most of fans are aware of this but still. The ''die-cast version of Predaking'' doesn't mean that the Predacons are actually made entirely of die-cast. It's just that we are now 100% sure that the 2010 reissue will be just like the original G1 release, die-cast wise. So there are major parts in the 2010 Predacons that are die-cast.

The second run (I think) of G1 Predaking, back in the day, was entirely made of plastic, wich is not the case with the 2010 reissue.
Ah nice, thanks for the confirmation
soundwaveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:03 PM   #35
tilallr1
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
You realize that your Predaking is mis-transformed right? You need to turn Razorclaw's waist around to show the Predaking codpiece.

And I usually prefer to combine mine they way he's depicted in most media; with Divebomb and Headstrong on the right, and Rampage and Tantrum on the left. It just looks "off" to me when it's done the reverse. But that's just me.
Oops ... Kinda rushed when I set them up. Thanks!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #36
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

ok someone school me... is $200 what a complete predaking goes for? i'm going to assume the "all plastic/no die-cast" version is worth less? i think i'd love to have a predaking on the shelf here but i dont think i can justify it at that price
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #37
pulsedragon20
I win

^ On eBay any complete Predaking no matter what materials usually goes for more than $200 ...unless your lucky
pulsedragon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #38
Pascal
Banned

I remember buying a reissue Predaking MISB for 235 at Ultra Action Toys when I was in BC. In 2005 I think?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #39
Deemar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedtime View Post
ok someone school me... is $200 what a complete predaking goes for? i'm going to assume the "all plastic/no die-cast" version is worth less? i think i'd love to have a predaking on the shelf here but i dont think i can justify it at that price
The all plastic version should sell complete at a minimum price of $200, all metal will reach closer to $350 or $400. One of my friends just sold his with a metal Razorclaw and 4 plastic ones for $250.

Cherry Bomb Toys has a metal one for sale at $450.
Deemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:13 PM   #40
Akroyer
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Mario from Automaton just got confirmation the reissue will be die-cast. Awesome!
Awesome news!! Now I really can't wait. I've never even seen one but for pictures. But he always looked good.

Akroyer is offline   Reply With Quote