View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 09:41 AM   #65
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Walmart Exclusive Generation 1 Optimus Prime Vintage Reissue Out in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
Funny enough, I was thinking along the same lines. That price is like a scalper deterrent -- nobody's going to hoard these G1 reissues thinking they can flip them for profit. The only people who will pay $70 for an incomplete Optimus Prime are the ones who really, really want it.
** LET ME FIRST SAY I DON'T BELIEVE SCALPERS ARE GOING ANYWHERE, SO PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN READING MY POST **

Honestly I think that is about the only "good" thing about all the price increases in the past few years.

Scalpers are slowly but surely being priced out of the market. Between the ease of access with online shopping (remember it wasn't that long ago that brick & mortar was pretty much the only reliable source for product) and ever increasing prices, I can't see how it is worth it anymore. That is for the "professional" scalpers who seem to try and make a living scalping.

Of course exclusives, and short packed items will still drive demand and price. However it seems, to me at least, that it is not the plague it was a few years ago.

Just don't get me started on fraudsters (repacking a different figure and returning it to the store).
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.