Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #24
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one
Re: Shake's Reviews: Fansproject Warbot-03 Assaulter

Warning about fixing loose joints on Assaulter.

There are a bunch of people that have had loose elbows on their assaulters. I had a bit of a loose left elbow...just enough to be annoying. He could not hold his gun properly. I did what I always do with this problem, added a little NYC clear fast dry nail polish. been using this since TF Energon or classics... can't remember which and never had an issue with it.

A few seconds after applying it I noticed some red colour running....?? there is no paint there. then I noticed that it was the plastic running. FUCK! I quickly washed it off and dried it with a paper towel. unfortunately it was now completely loose, unable to hold any position at all. I ended up painstakingly feeding thread through the opening on one side by the pin to the other side and wrapping it around and feeding it again....over and over and over again... it took well over half an hour and now its tight but the damage was already done DAMMIT!!!

I have never had this happen before, even on any FP figure/upgrade set, other 3rd party or official product. are they using a cheaper quality plastic now???? Dammit Dammit Dammit.
just letting everyone out there what happens when you do this.

Right Arm.

Left Arm.

thats not nail polish on that elbow...thats the F'N plastic melted and bubbling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Right elbow.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	16434   Click image for larger version

Name:	left elbow.jpg
Views:	825
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	16435  

Last edited by Matrix_Holder; 11-24-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.