Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 09:44 PM   #50
BludChylde
Generation 2
Re: The Seige Ultra Mangus pic, seems like Voyage class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deception View Post
and whats wrong with wanting scaling? devastator is a big bot. is it wrong that someone would prefer optimus prime to be smaller? like i said it's never going to be perfect but as for toys go its as close as you're going to get. i have a unicron figure. its way out of scale but i keep him with my collection because he's a character i don't have. everyones interpretation of scale won't be the same. official comics/movies don't make it the same. dreamwave had combiners that were the size of sky scrapers, but i'm to expect Groove to be that big? i know what real scale is but most importantly i know what i want in terms of toys in MY collection. i mean these are toys not model kits, but it doesn't mean you can't swap figures from different lines to make up what you want. all i'm saying is i'd prefer magnus to be taller. i mean he's a leader sized figure, compared to other leader toys i've owned, they seem to be shrinking. look at rotf optimus leader prime, that thing was huge. look at the powermaster prime figure, he huge even without the upgrade. even the combiner wars ultra magnus is bigger. thats one i have and will be keeping.

I'm all for scale, hell I even admit that he looks good in scale with deluxes already based on screen shots from the G1 cartoon. And I like Devastator. 6 big construction vehicles, all of them as big as "insert combiner's torso bot here" should make a massive combiner. He shouldn't be eye to eye with Superion. Predaking doesn't bother me because they are supposed to be superior killing machines compared to their real life animal counterparts. They should be big and beefy. I haven't bought PotP Prime, because OP in that class size is way too big. Same reason I didn't grab Rodimus either.

And with phrases like "everyones interpretation of scale won't be the same. official comics/movies don't make it the same." and "all i'm saying is i'd prefer magnus to be taller." show you know shit about scale. You have a preference. A preference isn't a scale. That's fine. Comics/movies/cartoons use different scales, true, but if you have a preference towards one form of media, it's easy to figure out a rough scale to work from and if everything. Everyone has a scale preference they prefer, mine's G1 cartoon based.

Don't make me sound like I'm against scale when I openly appreciate Siege taking us in the direction of an actual scale. Especially when you can't wrap your head around what scale actually means. Scale isn't this toy is tiny and that one is huge. I also am aware that scaling won't be perfect, but it looks like they are trying to get it right this time. Hell as a Marvel Legend collector I fully understand how frustrating scale can be due to the fact that any panel you can find to verify a character's size, there are probably 2 panels that contradict it.
BludChylde is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.