Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 04:54 PM   #5
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Small project... can't get a Red Wing? make one.

One thing that I will say...

My original Starscream may have a chest piece that pops out due to being a bit loose.

BUT...

This copy that is a much newer release (has the different Decepticon logo) which someone stated that they had "fixed" the chest looseness is seriously not the case, and then some.

I'm getting really frustrated as the QI issues with this one, which now I can't return... otherwise I would.
  1. the chest piece looseness was seriously worse. But the pin-fix is applied so that's no longer an issue.
  2. his right hand keeps coming out of the socket when I try to turn it, it's really getting annoying. Painting the hand and socket didn't help (and even worse due to the additional "thickness" that makes it tighter)
  3. The wonderful surprise that the guns are cheaper, and I had one snap it's handle/5mm pin in the socket this morning as I was testing it out. The paint did add some tightness, BUT as it's snapped, I can see that there's a really bad flaw as I can see that there's missing plastic inside, probably an air bubble that weakened the handle horribly. So I had to drill it, use a screw to get it out of the socket, and had to work on repairing it, using a metal pin to re-enforce it, and some super-glue with talcum to rebuild this handle... I'll probably have to sand it now, and hope it works otherwise it's have to be redone with epoxy.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.