Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 08:30 PM   #11
Iacon
Noted Gadabout
Iacon's Ebay Auctions
Re: A little disappointed with TFCon this year

I'm glad I wasn't the only one feeling the dealer room malaise... seems to become more and more of an afterthought with each 'Con I attend... I literally bought one toy on Saturday... *one*!

Granted, there are growing sectors of the toy world that I'm perfectly happy to pass altogether: 3rd party, most re-issues, Bayverse...

That said, there was a weird confluence of similar product around the room. Everybody had Combiner Wars, but nobody had earlier Generations like FoC mold Thundercracker or Gears (alright, Gears might be a lost cause). Everybody had a set of boxed G1 Predacons, but no one wanted to sell them individually... just a weird homogenized vibe, compared to '90s Botcons where it seemed like you could literally find at least one of anything (granted, there was just a lot less stuff to collect back then) and I'd be carting home dozens of new acquisitions...

As has been stated, there's nothing the organizers can actually do about this... maybe it's just a temporary phase... or maybe I'll just have to accept that I'm really not going to these things for the dealer room anymore... heck, if the entire weekend was just Flint Dille telling stories for 48 straight hours, I'd gladly have paid double the admission!
@Jonny5IsUndead

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.