Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 07:47 AM   #70
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: I said I wouldn’t and I did. Go "figure."

Dec 17 – Optimus Primal played by Generation Toys GT-10 Gorilla T-Beast Dōjinshi Optimus Primal

So first off in the box he comes in bot mode and the legs are intentionally “compressed” for shipping purposes I assume. Now honestly I would have not known that as I didn’t get instructions with it and have reached out to GT to see what they can do with no luck so far. I had to watch a couple of reviews for transformation both ways just to make sure everything was where it was supposed to be.

Ape mode leaves a little to be desired as I would like just a bit more movement on the knees and maybe a way to get the “legs” a bit wider in this mode since the monkey toes are close together and the inside red pieces keep knocking the stomach panel loose which can be a pain. Originally this figure was a pass for me until the Detolf swap came up. I do have a couple of Generation Toys figures and although it looks much better in hand, it feels “cheaper” as far as the plastic goes and he is really light. I’m not afraid of it breaking per say and it’s not flimsy; it just doesn’t have the feel that the other ones do, if that makes sense. Now as for bot mode again looks great but honestly some joints are really weak like the ab crunch. He also really, really needs a better ankle rocker and thigh rotation. This could have been SOOO much better with those. He’s good but not great and that’s a damn shame because in hand he does look awesome.

wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.