Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 11:01 AM   #264
Omegatron
Gen 1
Re: Post your Transformers photos - 2017 edition

So I have a question for you guys who take the near perfect jaw dropping photographs. I’ve gotten into photography and decided I like it as a fun way to interact with my collection. I have a lightbox, a DSLR camera, a tripod and some 5400k continuous lights. With this I can take quite nice photos that I’m quite happy with. Where I have trouble though is taking photos of dark colours against the black background or light colours against the white. Obviously I can take light or brightly coloured bots against the black background and dark ones against the light background. Also, I do have a grey background I can use but I don’t really like it.
So really my question is what to do with bots with colour pallets that include both white and black or other colours that just don’t work together with the backgrounds? I’ve noticed you folks taking shots of bots with black parts against a black background and this comes out with decent separation. I can’t do this, even at the editing stage, how do you do this? Any help would be appreciated.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.