Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 02:42 PM   #26
Commandoclone87
Seeker
Re: Others Experience with Customs Charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
I hear a lot of people mention the following sites on this board and TFW2005. These seem to be the go to sites for early bird preorders direct from Asia.

If you have any experience with buying from these sites below and other international sellers not on the list, positive or negative, lets hear about it.

Also what is your experience with getting hit with customs charges and marking orders as Gift and/or Low Value so we don't get charged customs?

Anime Export
Hobby Link Japan
AmiAmi
Robot Kingdom
Captured Prey
Nippon-Yasan
EhobbyBaseShop

I managed to get early bird pricing on Nippon-Yasan the other day for MP Bluestreak so thought I'd test out the waters. I realize it's a bit of a crap shoot with customs but wondering if some of these sites or any others not mentioned are "Canada Customs-friendly" I've yet to be nabbed through my regular route but some of the things I need to order are not available there.
I haven't bought much from online sellers recently, but I did get the FP Munitioner and Explorer from BBTS and got slapped with $28 in Customs fees, but my orders from ebay (Bought an MP10B from Animetropolis and Stargate Atlantis Boxset from Videoreef) have never seemed to get by customs.
Commandoclone87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.