Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 05:09 PM   #63
Chigimus
Masterpiece
Re: Masterpiece Megatron V2.0 New Updated Full Color Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcrook View Post
This makes Megatron look like he pulled up his "pants" super high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock4Prime View Post
The size of the legs in relation to the size of the torso bugs me.

Totally agree. Although this pic looks as though he stands eye to eye with Prime, his crotch sits higher than Prime's so his upper torso has been made more squat to line up with Prime's height. These proportions make it look off from the front. Plus his diaper is almost as big as his chest...

I really want to like this, I truly do, but I'm not swooning over it just because it's an official Takara product. Flaws are still flaws.

I like the variety of accessories he's coming with, and the legs look more proper as they aren't as thin as Mightron's and not as thick as Despotron's. But it's still not the perfect Megatron.

One of the most glaring things to me is the busy/gappy/kibbly mess on the top of his chest. Not the front, but the top of the chest meets the head like here:

Like really, LOOK at that. It just looks very unfinished to me and lacking the clean lines I would expect from an official Masterpiece. People criticize Mightron for his back kibble....but official Megatron's back isn't really the clean collapsed design either.

As I said earlier, as much as I have been eagerly anticipating this official announcement, it falls short of expectations, and with all the competition to choose from, if I had to choose one right now, I think I'd probably go with MakeToys Despotron and find another head sculpt similar to Takara's or DX9's to fit onto that body. I know I'm probably in the minority there, but I'm trying to be honest with myself and giving all 4 Megatron designs an objective view.
Chigimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.