Thread: TFCon Stories
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 02:45 AM   #18
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas
Re: TFCon Stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Dinner on Saturday with Guber, Ninjatron, Benzo, Tony & Villimus Prime - and fitting us all in Tony's car to drive to the restaurant was an experience unto itself
This was a great time. The post Swiss Chalet party was a bit of a tradition for me for a couple years and we'll have to do it again because it's one of the few places I know I can actually eat at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrave View Post
2012 - Drinking blue Kool Aid in the Quest Bar, singing the TF:TM soundtrack
The blue Kool Aid is legendary. On the second night, the batch we got tasted terrible as it propably was missing the sugar, but it was still a fun time anyway.

My all time favorite memory is probably the 2010 script reading with David Kaye. Leading up to the show, I was working as a teacher at an an art studio for a summer camp. The kids I was working with were really young, and there are plenty of funny stories about them too, so the time was especially memorable. I was drawing the script reading prelude comic at the same time, making for a lot of late nights and busy days, but very fulfilling as an artist. Drawing in the Animated style and navigating all of its tricks and turns was an adventure in and of itself. We only had half of the story finalized when I started and due to circumstances, had to change on the fly, so I suggested what the ending should be. Seeing it performed live with David Kaye doing a million voices was one of the best moments of my live, and before the performance he was really complementary on the artwork. I really poured my heart and soul into the comic, and it's my favorite out of all the ones I drew.

Thanks to Vangelus, we can all live that moment again! https://youtu.be/soiAmx_-7l8

Other great moments:

Winning TransGeneration trivia in 2007 and 2008, and then my team winning the first ever Faction Fued in 2009. The level of competition has increased since then, but will this degree of dominance ever be seen again? I think not! In all seriousness, it was a lot of fun just to play, and my winning even somehow got me interviewed by the Associated Press, which is weird and cool that they'd want to talk to me.

Hanging out in the bar with Scott McNeil in the bar at 3am Monday morning, singing Bohemian Rhapsody with Guber and the gang. I think we outlasted him.

In 2013, Transformers Prime had its final episode air in the US that weekend, but of course no one at the convention had seen it. I managed to "acquire" a copy and watching it then and there was pretty special. Some other folks wanted to watch it the next night, and I didn't mind because it was really that good.

But this, right here, is the WORST TFcon story of all time!

https://youtu.be/2J9j2AdMvqA

Sayonara.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.