Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

Thread: TFCon Stories
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 05:28 AM   #17
Gumby
Beasty
Re: TFCon Stories

I'm was late to the party and found out about TFCon in 2011.

2011: Was not able to attend due to work but my girlfriend at the time went in my place to get me autographs from Paul Eiding and Garry Chalk.

2012: Where my G1 cast/crew piece began-and it's all because of Neil Ross! I have the 8x10s I get signed custom made and needed something for Wally Burr and Bob Budiansky so, had an 80's promo shot I'd found printed out.
Neil signed his 8x10 and sees the G1 shot- "Hey, can I sign that?". A neat piece with 3 sigs, I thought nothing of it at the time but soon it dawned on me that I could add to it and it quickly became the project it is today. (Wish I knew what I was getting into then though because I would have reproduced the old F.H.E. promo poster instead.)

2013: Jack Angel and Dick Gautier add to the piece. Dick and his wife are joyfully taken back with the custom 8x10- a beautiful black and white shot of him at a mic in his younger days that they hadn't seen before. I'm also apparently the only person at the show to talk to him about his art.

2014: Gregg Berger adds to the piece. While it's understandable, shame Sue Blu cancelled. I'm sure I'd be the only person there getting Friday the 13th merch signed by her.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.