Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 07:20 AM   #6
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Masterpiece Cheetor right thumb broken :(

I would avoid any and all glue at any cost. I don't find glue works particulatly well anyway, even the well touted Gorilla glue, I have never gotten that stuff to hold anything for long. It isn't that it, or any glue, is bad but it isn't the thing to use around any kind of joint, hinge or small delicate piece. For a piece like this, it might work, but I doubt it will last. The weld is a great idea, the best idea actually, but if you are inexperienced then using it for the first time on an MP figure might be rough. So, what's the go between? Hands down, use Bondic. You can get it from any hardware store. It is very easy and very fast. I like working with it way better than glue. It is less messy and if you follow the steps you get an amazing bond that can be sanded, cut, painted etc. I have used it to repair the door wing balljoints on Universe Smokescreen, the chest flap on Energon Optimus, shoulder ball socket on Animated Bumblebee and a broken in half POTP Rodimus. No glue ever will come close to the repair quality and flexibility of thus stuff.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.