Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 11:26 PM   #21
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian
Re: Toy collecting bankruptcy

This is exactly why you never "invest" in collectibles.

Listen, I'm not going to lie - I make a little bit of extra money by buying and selling toys. Pretty much all of this extra money goes to either high end collectibles (3rd Party, Hot Toys) or Trips (Botcon, NYCC) - the thing is though, when I do decide to have children, I won't be buying and then sitting on toys or other collectibles. The whole thing is you need to get something, move it as quickly as possible and then not look back. Honestly I can only think of a handful of times where I said "Geez, I wish I had to have held onto that a little longer" Pretty much everything else DROPS in price.

There's been too many times this has happened - Sports Cards, Pokemon Cards, Beanie Babies, Comic Books and pretty well anything that from the items I just listed "BOOM Period" are next to worthless now.

Never ever buy something as an investment if you are truly really counting on it to pay off. Put your money in banks and other saving programs. That way if your "investment" fails to pay off you still have real investments to rely on.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.