Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 12:34 AM   #65
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Earthrise appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstaves View Post
I haven't bought a Starscream figure in a really long time, and I think ER is the closest I'm gonna get to a good official one - does he live up to the hype? (Asking honestly)
I've looked at several reviews, looked at many pictures that manages to make it look great, and I've seen it in hand a few times, and to me he's a skip.

I just get the feeling that he'll be redone soon enough without all of the flaws that I find this versions has.

The lack of articulation, the very blocky torso, the gaps, the face mold, the feet and small wings, the fact that he's nothing more than an upscaled and modified Classics mold, and many other issues with it.

It's not a preference thing as this isn't about nostalgia at all for me, I go with evaluating the figure for it's design and engineering.

When a toy's best feature is the top of the jet mode and everything else has design flaws, I wanted to like it, but again.. I feel like a new engineered version will come and not have all of the weaknesses/cons.

I know that many absolutely love it because he's the "best" large size F-15 seeker that's been done so far, but to me, I wouldn't even take it if someone would give it to me free as I just wouldn't consider it to be worth displaying.

There's a few figures that I wish Hasbro would have tried a bit harder to make them truly great, and this one is by far the worse, so much so that I wish fans would have skipped it completely to force Hasbro to reconsider and work on it to give us a proper version.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 06-26-2020 at 12:40 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.