Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 09:48 AM   #223
evenstaves
you renegade maverick
Re: Walmart.ca Transformers Sightings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Well, price matching in store ends in Oct: https://globalnews.ca/news/7343931/w...ching-program/
MOTHER-LOVE IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
WTF? They never price match walmart.ca every time I tried? LOL
I have also heard "we don't price-match the website" many times - and the delivery is often so knee-jerk, it's like they not even considering you, just NOPE, turn you ass around and get out of here

So to hear their official announcement like "we will continue to do this as we always have", can eat a d*ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rage View Post
What's the point anyways, they manipulated their "ad match" to death, it's like pulling teeth to do a price match.
Ditto to this too - back during TR/POTP, I had many ad-match/price-match attempts, and the level of success i met with was directly related to how "exactly" the evidence matched - sometimes they wouldn't even match the size class, they'd look at the flyer and the fig I brought up and be like "that's not the same guy, no dice"
Then again, other times they just ring it through like they don't give an F - really depended on who you got, and that's unfortunate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
One thing I will acknowledge on their side is that price matching must be second only to returns in terms of scam attempts. For every one of us trying to legitimately match the price with TRU for a $9 savings, there's probably 2 attemtps to match faked ads, sites, etc by scuzzy people looking to get a TV pricematched at hundreds off.
Yeah, I absolutely got the feeling more often than not, that when you approached with an ad-match, it was almost adversarial - like "I the customer service desk employee, am going to find a way to defeat you, the scoundrel who is here to bilk my precious oligarch multi-billion dollar company out of six bucks, you absolute scum"
Though I will say, it came off as generational thing too - younger staff are WAY more easygoing about it - the older the staff was, the more likely they were to turn me away "nah I'm a billion years old and I recognize a goddamned sneak when I see it, with your beard and jean jacket and long hair, goddamned hippies, etc etc etc"
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.