Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Ninjatron
Overlord of all Ninjas
Please don't play with your toys in the panel room.

People. I love TFcon. There is no doubt about that. It is the most fun as a Transformers fan I have all year, and it's so awesome to share that with everyone else who attends.

However, over the years I have noticed an issue related to general etiquette and behavior from some attendees should be addressed. Since I am a supervillain anyway, I nominate myself to be hateful killjoy that will express this.

Don't play with your toys in the panel room. I don't want to hear your Transforming "clack clack clack" noises all bloody day long. It's annoying and distracting. I want to hear the actual panel. Put it away when the panel starts if you want to stay for the panel, or go outside if you want to play.

Last year there was so much of that "clack clack clack" noise in the panel room, it was ridiculous. this was even bought to everyone's attention via microphone, but the people responsible were probably just too absorbed in their transforming to even pay attention, and the noise continued.

Be considerate to those who don't have the cool-thing-you-just-bought-and-just-have-to-fiddle-with-right-now-or-else-you'll-die. Save it for later and just watch the panel.

It doesn't even make any sense to play with your toys in the panel room anyway. Your toys will still be there when the convention is over. They won't just suddenly cease to exist. Surely we can all spare a moment to not play with our toys while the interesting panel we're paying to see as part of our convention entry is happening, because once that panel is over, it's over! Makes more sense to concentrate on the panel happening at that moment than the toys you can play with any other time you want to, doesn't it?

So put your toys down and pay attention in class, children.

Sayonara.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.