Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 06:07 PM   #7
OldOfflineMan
Beasty
OldOfflineMan's Ebay Auctions
Re: Deluxe Class Transformers

Back then, "Deluxe" didn't mean anything. Roadbuster was the main star of another cartoon series that came out before the Transformers, if I remember correctly. Whirl and a third character that looks a Gundam Guntank knock-off were co-stars. I remember then that the toys sold at the time were all display quality, expensive and weren't meant for kids. When I saw that Hasbro released the same character in a playable toy with Transformers deco, I begged my mom to buy it immediately.

Roadbuster's and Whirl's designs were more intricate than the other carbots and the transformations weren't intuitive at all. I think Hasbro made them much larger than the original toys, which made it easier for my kiddie hands to transform. They also came with water decals rather than the usual stickers, which is an indicator that it's a model/toy designed for display.

I felt that Roadbuster was worth every dollar my mother spent. I remember transforming him regularly from when I got him in 1986 until I sold my G1 collection early 2010.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.