Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 08:34 PM   #26
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Toys R Us Deluxe Skullitron and Megatron Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jove View Post
I can't agree. The quality of the designs of the Cybertron line toys was pretty bad in many ways; the recent CW and TR stuff has been really good by comparison.
I also don't think that the quality of the materials is significantly different. Weight does not always indicate quality.

The price jump for a deluxe from $20 to $30 is ridiculous, however. I can't imagine that this will live past the movie stuff. Although price creep is inevitable, becauseā€¦ inflation. (If you aren't convinced, go ask your father how much a candy bar was in "his day").

Chug deluxes seemed stuck at 15.99 for a lonnnng ass time. Then they jumped to 17.99 for cw, and now 19.99. so four bucks in three years, but after a lengthy period where the price held. Voyagers are still thirty. Leaders at sixty, no electronics, is probably the toughest for me to swallow. They were, what, fifty? Albeit it wasn't a common class size in chug until recently.

So hopefully deluxes hold at 20. And seriously, with regular sales and the 45 day low price guarantee, I never pay full retail at Tru. Everything is 25% off or more.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.