Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
Autovolt 127
Animated
Re: The Dark Awakening was a Dark Awakening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
I recommend re-watching it in context, as you may see a different view of some of your points.

The Autobots' faith in Prime is true but certainly wasn't willy-nilly.
Magnus and others objected to him assuming command, as he was in no shape for it. Rodimus agreeing was very much in character; especially how in anticipation to becoming HotRod again, he was being more rash.

Also later on, Perceptor certainly had his doubts and even disobeyed Prime.

And this ep was not pointless. They needed a setup for Prime's body being near the origine of the hate plague and the anti-radiation coating that was required.

Also without this ep, they coulda had the hate plague, needed Prime, but it would be too far a reach to just say "Let's bring Prime back to life!"
This ep bridged that reach by having the Quints revive Prime, so that it became an option for Rodimus in The Return of OP.
I forgot that this was a set-up to Return of Optimus Prime, I hadn't seen The Return of Optimus Prime in years.

It's a pointless episode because they could have just revived Optimus Prime at the Masesoleum when the Hate Plague struck insted of reviving him, then getting killed only to be revived once more but this time for good.
Add me on Discord: Autovolt#7759
Autovolt 127 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.