Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 03:53 PM   #7
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus
Re: How much does Habro Toy Store charge for shipping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereDragon EX View Post
Yeah, I kinda guessed that it wouldn't be even worth it to buy Throne of the Primes from HTS even if I could get the opportunity to purchase one, which itself I doubted since so many people seem to want that figure and will probably snap it up once it becomes available at HTS.

Seems like it would be much cheaper overall to get the figure off Amazon Japan (did a test purchase of it there as well). Some other sellers seem to be selling it on Amazon Japan, but they don't appear to ship to my area.

That was what I figured. Dunno why that's the case though, since other sellers don't seem to charge like that for shipping over the border.
It's two fold really, Hasbro Toy Store would be competing directly with Hasbro Canada if they charged less for shipping over the boarder... So to avoid competing with themselves they treat Canada as an International Shipping destination.

What I don't get is WHY THE FUCK Hasbro Canada doesn't have an online presence for shipping direct in Canada. I mean if they can compete directly in the US through Hasbro Toy Store in the USA with regular retail outlets why the hell doesn't Hasbro Canada also operate a HTS.ca site for all the exclusives and stuff?

It makes no fucking sense to exclude us as it excludes direct profits with no middle-men from local retailers or e-tailers picking up SDCC exclusives and flipping them. I mean they could easily make a lot of buck if they offered a similar service for Canadians, but HTS while capable of shipping worldwide is directly tied in with a US location physically and so makes for a really limited option for profits.

Hasbro just has no god damned business sense when it comes to e-tailing.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.