Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 11:29 AM   #24
teruo313
Beasty
Re: TFCon 2018 *Unofficial* Feedback Thread

Dealer wise, there did seem to be less than before, mainly in the alley way. That was a bit of a disappointment because you can usually find some random figures there at really great prices from collectors just looking to offload parts of their collections.

The whole Sunday thing was confusing to say the least. I understand if they want to have Tfcon as a whole weekend event, but there really wasn't enough substance there to warrant it. As other dealers already mentioned, Sunday was a bit of a surprise to them as well.

I understand wanting to have TFcon as an all weekend event, but I really question if there's enough substance to warrant it. Panels etc are great, but I'd argue that a number of people really just are coming for the dealer room. They buy their figures on Saturday, maybe check out a panel or 2 and then leave. If the dealer room is pretty much the same 2 days in a row, then what incentive does someone have to go a second day. In years past, with Sunday being action figure oriented, dealers were able to change up stock to account for the different demographic, so atleast if you were going for 2 days, there were new things to see.

Last edited by teruo313; 07-21-2018 at 11:32 AM.
teruo313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.