Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 04:59 PM   #14
BigWillay
Robot Master
Re: TFCon 2018 *Unofficial* Feedback Thread

Had a great time, got to hang out with my crew, and finally put some names to some faces. Only had a few complaints, Werevenom mentioned one of my big ones, If there are "rules" as to what you have to have at your table why were there people not following those rules. Found it kind of annoying as I was looking for other stuff than just Transformers. To me if they paid for the table why should there be any control over what they place up for sale?

Second I guess there were no sponsors as per se as the last few years we've been getting our tote bag with bonuses inside (last year razor and fruit water)

Third only one dealer room this year? Last year there were dealers on the other side of the Hotel (would have allowed for some more space had it been used) and I am curious as to why the display cabinets featuring the prototypes were hidden down the back hall?

Lastly I think there needs to be some better format or organization for those who bought online tickets, it was a little more money then just buying them at the show and there was little to any advantage... we were still lined up with everyone else only to be asked to line up to the other side to register and then to go get back in line. For some who didn't have friends waiting in the entrance line they had to go to the back of the line which meant they could miss the exclusives. I know myself I was there at 7:15am, and if I hadn't had buddies who already registered on Fri night who I was waiting with, had I been made to go start again from the back I would have been really annoyed.

As for the exclusives I fully understand limiting them to 1 per person. But would be nice if at some point there are some extras left an announcement could be made. As well I noticed no one tracking who bought what. I could have easily dropped stuff at my car and come back and bought more. Maybe we need some kind of hole punched or stamp on our bracelet so people can recognize that we have already bought an exclusive.

Also really sad about what happened to Nick, glad the community came together to help out on the Sunday, I know how busy the show can get and how the crowds become overwhelming, sad that someone would stoop to that.

Last edited by BigWillay; 07-18-2018 at 05:06 PM.
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.