Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 02:35 PM   #12
freakx2001
Transformers Animated
freakx2001's Ebay Auctions
Re: TFCon 2018 *Unofficial* Feedback Thread

Hey,

Nice to see someone start the feedback thread. I was wondering when was going to show up. Overall I had fun. This year I managed to pre-arrange 13 deals with fellow collectors before even making it to Toronto. So I was happy with that. I met so many great people.

I have a few small things I'd like to point out. Someone mentioned before me, that they didn't like that there were no lanyards this years, and I have to agree. First off I used to love how they doubled as a handy schedule, and really miss them as a souvenir from the show. Please re-consider this for next year or at the least brand the wrist bands with the Show and year. I have to say I was really disappointed when they said they didn't have any when I bought my ticket.

Second thing. So I believe this is one of these things where you can't please everyone. However I think this is my 6th or 7th TFcon, and every year the first day is TF and the second day is 80's. I was shocked to find out on Sunday that this had changed. Why I understand making it 2 days of TFcon, I'm not really sure if that works. The vendors get stale.

My four year old was so excited to see the Star Wars 501st guys all dressed up. Upon entering on Sunday I asked if they were around and was told that this weekend was just advertised as Transformers and that the 80's stuff is now completely separated. So the Star Wars guys would not be showing up and there wouldn't be any change over of product.
Wow I was shocked and disappointed.

It's funny because the night before I had a conversation with a collector (who flew in from BC) explaining to him how Sunday is usually about 30%-40% different. Where some vendors leave and others come in to replace them. Well to my surprise this was not the case. I actually ran into the same collector on Sunday, and I had to stop him to explain that I was completely wrong, so he didn't think I was crazy or something LOL.

For me personally Sunday, was sort of a wash, as there was really nothing new to see. Normally the outside hallway is full of new items and bins to poke through. It was disappointing.

Also I agree with a previous comment of, why on Sunday did the dealer room and the first important panel of the day both start at 10:00 am. Personally I think this should have been spaced out a bit more.

Now I know this all sounds bad, but there are just a few items I wanted to point out, so the feedback can go to people to make decisions about next years event.

Overall the guests were amazing. The Atmosphere was great. Just a few minor things that need to be adjusted.

TDLR:
Missed the lanywards - Please bring them back!
Sunday not being 80's stuff was a bummer
Schedule for Sunday start time needs to be tweaked

Last edited by freakx2001; 07-18-2018 at 02:39 PM.
freakx2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.