Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #107
victory_saber
Robot in Disguise
Re: BC Community Thread For Non-Sightings Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobkat View Post
I just think the HISHE videos are funny (they poke fun at all kinds of movies), is all. I don't mind the movies as a whole...are they all great movies? No. But there's good in bad in all 3 of them so far, I just grade them as standalone movies - I try not to compare them to G1 too much...on the same lines, my buddy is all up in a tizzy about the new Star Trek movie because it messes with what he understands and likes about the original series and subsequent shows - but as a standalone movie, I personally think JJ Abrams did a great job with it.

You're right though, the movies has been keeping the TF market and merchandising alive, so I can't complain about the overall effect they have had
Yea, to stay relevant these franchises need to reboot every so often to appeal to a new generation. I think a good example is the Batman franchise. When 89' Batman came out, Tim Burton showed a darkside of Batman not everyone may have known. If that exact same movie was made today people would deadpan it. IMO the Dark Knight Trilogy nailed the comic style but who knows in another 20 years someone may come along and top it.

BTW are we just using this for TF discussion, if so I apologize if I'm getting off topic. Unfortunately I collect and watch way too many things than just Tf's.
victory_saber is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.