Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 02:46 AM   #37
KoreanInferno
Alternator
Re: Do people here still use Ebay?

I buy Transformers off eBay all the time. I have my favorite sellers from the states, but I try not to spend too much or suffer expensive customs fees. Big surprise to go to the post office and pay $30 on top just to get your items. So I mostly try to buy from Canadians to keep from getting burned that way.

Shipping is another issue. If you're a buyer it gets expensive. If you're a seller that's the best way to make money as eBay makes nothing off shipping costs. Some sellers include the cost of the item as a part of the shipping and start the bidding at 99 cents, which I believe is not against eBays policies. Weird thing is I've had more expensive shipping from the States than from the UK or Hong Kong. :S

I've bought off the boards here and the people are great because we're all fans and collectors, we respect the items in our care if we keep them or sell them. Almost everyone is reasonable and not out to just make a buck. I'm very grateful for the people I've met and the deals they provided.

In the end it's knowing what you're willing to pay and the worth of the item to you, where ever you buy, shipping included or not.
KoreanInferno is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.