Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #15
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: If this was really coming out....

Trypticon's WfC/FoC transformation is a little more complex than Metroplex's.

In WfC, his alt-mode is a space station. Okay, I guess that's easily fudgeable on Hasbro's part since we never really saw the whole station's external appearance.

In FoC, Trypticon was modified into the Nemesis via parts-forming (and therefore unable to transform back), and clearly couldn't be made into a figure from Trypticon's robot mode.

Then again, Generations Metroplex isn't based on FoC (or even IDW), and is an update to his G1 incarnation. So Trypticon could be the same thing.

Development for Trypticon would have to be well underway already for us to see a figure of this size and complexity in late 2014. Considering Hasbro thought Metroplex was going to be a financial "bomb" reduced to clearance by the retailers due to it's size and price (they already said they won't make anymore this big), I don't think a Trypticon's in the works right now. And that makes me sad.

One thing's for sure about any Trypticon released in the future, it better not walk on it's own. That would seriously limit any transformation.

Anyways, if a massive Trypticon gets released, I will be purchasing it. Metroplex needs a friend to play with.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.