Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 01:33 PM   #10
WereDragon EX
Robot Master
Re: Unite Warriors Computron In-Hand & Comparisons with Hasbro?s Computron

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Ha, fair point. Or even just people buying one of either. I'm happy to get Takara's but hastak get the sale either way.
Well, I originally wasn't going to get the Hasbro Computron, but after seeing the mold differences, Scrounge (whom I've always liked as a character), and the hands and feet, I thought "Screw it, I'm double-dipping. Well played, Hasbro." If nothing else, Computron was my favorite G1 combiner growing up, so by double dipping, at least I get the joy of opening his box twice, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cylon View Post
I doubt Hasbro's bean counters are too concerned about the small percentage of hard core G1 fans who are willing to pay higher price to import the Takara versions. Hasbro's business model is bascially "If shit sells, sell more shit".
In this case, I don't know if I'll write off the entirety of Hasbro's Computron as being garbage, but I will say more could have been done on that front anyway. If anything, Hasbro probably "wins" by virtue of the fact that they have a much wider regional reach than Takara.

Last edited by WereDragon EX; 08-23-2016 at 01:35 PM.
WereDragon EX is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.