Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-12-2022, 11:39 PM   #26
MilanX3
Nexus Maximus
Re: Toys R Us Canada Announces all Collector Items Products as FINAL SALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
I remember the day when I got CW Bruticus. Onslaught, and all 4 limbs for $55 total. All on sale.

But on the topic here, it is very rare that I would ever have to return a Transformer. It has happened once, Siege Ultra Magnus, was such garbage that the manager agreed with me that it had to be defective.
Long ago, I remember getting Generations Sandstorm, getting it home, opening it, and finding it was missing a fender, that went back the next day for another one.

If I ever bought something that didn't have a window to see the product, and it was defective, missing something, or had the wrong toy inside the box, I will be yelling and
screaming till they took it back. Especially at these exorbitantly inflated prices. If you have a receipt, this rule must be illegal. Someone needs to check consumer laws and regulations.

I will be shopping at Walmart for my rare Transformers purchases. At least they follow the MSRP.
It might be the case where Visa could possibly help if the product sold is quite defective or the wrong item, as you do have some degree of consumer protection via their Resolutions Department. If you are just trying to get the same item, same condition, new, but with slightly better mint condition, that will likely be a bit of an issue.

With the high costs at TRU and this policy that differs from almost all other retailers worldwide, they are accelerating their demise. I think they tried 2-3 yrs ago to put each product with its own SKU, and it failed, so they decided to piss everyone off at the same time while raising prices...

And what do they consider Collector items? I assume this only applies to certain product lines, likely not baby stuff no books. This will depend alot on the store managers. Its too bad as some of the staff are very nice and are great for their company, hope they dont lose out in the end.
MilanX3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.