Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 03:19 PM   #11
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: What if Generations was to move on from mainly G1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNG View Post
Personally grew up on the Unicron Trilogy, mainly Energon & Cybertron. Some of favourite memories are watching those cartoons. Ofc they are relatively new in relation to say Beast Wars, so I wouldnt expect nor really want those reinterpretations just yet. Beast Wars is one of my favorites and basically what started the type engineering we would grow to expect with Transformers so I def want some reinterpretations of the cast like Silverbolt, Terrorsaur, and Tarantulus. Also non show characters. We could some exclusive Beast Wars Neo and Beast Wars 2 figures too.

That said I would never want to fully phase out G1/G2 ever. Its foundational and getting our Megs, OPs, Bees, and such is always going to be a must.
Man, Armada was 2002.

it's old enough to drink in Alberta!

I'm with you on non-show characters. I think one issue right now is that, a "new" g1 character without SOMETHING behind them won't sell. We've even seen it with Siege Chromia. She's got one episode, she was in the recent comics, and she has shelf-warmed HARD (let's face it though, making her NOT A LIMB for the Arcee combiner was such a poor decision).

But you're right. BW had a limited show cast so they had to expand. Unicron Trilogy had less of that, but I want to say Cybertron had more toys that weren't necessarily on the show. Revenge of the Fallen was a horrible movie but had a DELIGHTFUL array of non-movie toys with cool designs.

I don't know where that kind of thing would fit into the current context. Especially with the costs. I dunno.

I'm with you. I'm not anti-G1. We don't need to get rid of it. But it's exhausting to me to get a specific group of characters over, and over, and over, and over. "oh but we need the PERFECT one." I mean... do you? I'm still happier with the Drift-Retool Blurr over his Titans Return model. I think T30 Arcee smokes this upcoming one. Same with Springer. I don't see all old versions as needing to be flipped or binned just because "new." Classics Prowl isn't perfect but he's still the best generations Prowl there has been. We'll see about the earth-mode Smokescreen datsun mold.

*shrug*

I don't know. I'm not most fans anymore. I don't feel compelled to buy everything or... even anything. I don't have loyalty to the brand in anyway. I don't consume any part of it I don't enjoy, I have zero feelings of "obligation" to watch shitty movies or consume everything even if I dislike it. "Well, it's Transformers, so I'll see it/buy it." Nah... heh.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"

Last edited by RNSrobot; 06-16-2020 at 03:24 PM.
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.