Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 07:34 PM   #121
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: Is new pricing keeping you away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
These price hikes were inevitable, because toy sales are falling more and more every year, yet Hasbro's management team must deliver higher and higher profits every quarter or be fired by the Board of Directors, who would be following the orders of the largest shareholders.

But it's hitting the tipping point where profit growth will start to drop no matter what the management team does (again, toy sales fall every year) and they'll get canned (with golden parachutes so boo-hoo). A new team will be brought in with the mandate and promise of restoring profit growth. There will be much fanfare, blah blah blah. Staff will be cut, and drastic toy changes will be made (options are lower quality, even higher prices, and/or cutting lines and variety massively).

But the new team will fail too, because people buy fewer toys year after year.

Either at the second team's failure or maybe a third team failing, the big investors will bail. Stock price will tank and Hasbro will become a much smaller company. At that point they either become a niche supplier of collectibles or they just make toddler toys (the only toy demo left by the end).

Basically, we are entering the endgame of the old toy market. These repeated steep hikes are the first major sign it's begun.
which is totally fine for me, at this price Hasbro doesn't matter to me any more, plus I have 3rd parties to fill all the collection need, their toys are better made, more interesting (instead of always Bumblebee or Optimus Prime), and sometime even cheaper.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.