Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 09:57 PM   #82
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag
Re: Initial thoughts on MP BW Megatron from HK...

So I finally cracked my Megatron open and transformed him. I haven’t watched any of those YouTube reviews about how to transform Megatron, and I must say the instructions are indeed crappy even though I understand some of the written memos in each step. And I don’t understand why they didn’t recommend us to slide off the left & right dino “skin” parts on the robot back where the dino arms are - it definitely makes transforming & locking down the robot body/waist a lot easier. I took these two halfs out, transformed the body, transformed that two halves separately, and attached them back to the back. Speaking of which pulling out & extending the robot body to fill the void in the torso is not trivial because it is, like many have mentioned, extremely tight. It takes gut and you have to be very patient. I didn’t unscrew anything but it took me quite a number of tries. Locking the body/waist/torso after filling the void is also a challenge since you have to make sure the dino part that you folded in is not in the way. With all the forewarnings I did not force anything to happen to prevent breakage. The whole transformation is actually not that overly complicated as some might have suggested (it is pretty clever to be honest), but again it definitely takes time, patient and a bit of care.

A lot of the parts are very fragile but if you are careful and take your sweet time you are fine, and I don’t think I have left any visible stress mark. There are one or two hairline “marks” on the crotch - I hesitate to say “crack” because the crotch is not breaking or anything on mine at least. I supposed it is due to the plastic TakaraTomy has chosen. Is it a concern? May be if these were developed into cracks and things started breaking off, but I couldn’t feel anything is breaking or loosening at the moment. I have a second one to be kept MISB so I do have a replacement which I hope it won’t happen. But for now I am OK I supposed. Although it is a transforming toy I don’t think I will put Megatron back to dino alt. mode again, at least not in the near future or may be ever, which is a shame.

Fragility aside, it IS a nice MP figure by TakaraTomy standard. I know it may sound like an Apple to Orange comparison it is nice but not on the same level as FT Phoenix or the recent Bandai DX Chogokin VF-1J (which actually cost me less than this BW Megatron). But don’t take it the wrong way: by no mean I think it is a bad figure or doesn’t worth my dough, and I do like this MP BW Megatron.

Once again, when I started this thread it is not a deflamation effort - I read about those first hand reports and was trying to post a forewarning. I bought two so there is definitely no hateful intention. And having read those did help - at least I am prepared LOL. Have a good day!

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 04-13-2019 at 10:06 PM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.