Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 09:48 AM   #7
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.
Re: Takara Designer Teases New CW Blastoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclaugh View Post
Ok i have a gripe with this. Im not really sticking up for Hasbro because they are cutting a lot of corners but it seems to me that they are doing all the work with the CW line.

They are doing all the design and marketing work for Combiner Wars. Then some asshat at Takara gets to be cool, design 1 bot and change a few colours and act like Takara is God's gift to the earth. They have basically just been waiting for Hasbro to release everything for the last 4 or 5 years and then listen to what fans hate. I mean, thats good, but I think that Hasbro does a lot more leg work.
While I agree with your basic premise, the fact that these figures are actually in development for at least a year before they come out means that TT Groove & Blast-Off were in the works long ago. They weren't just "listening for what fans hate".

It's possible that TT Groove & Blast-Off have too a high of a parts count for Hasbro's budget (that's why we didn't get Prime Breakdown). Remember, Hasbro's goal is to keep all figures of any given size class the same price; the same is not true in Japan. You could go to a toy store there, pick up two deluxe sized (for example) TF's from the same line, and they would be two different prices. Because Takara prices each figure individually based on how much each figure costs to make (parts count, paint apps, etc.).

Also, Hasbro was trying to keep most of the CW figures within a relative scale as compared to the Constructicons, and a motorcycle that is half the size of a voyager sized figure doesn't meet that scale. Same goes for a space shuttle that is smaller than a truck.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.