Thread: haslab unicron
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 04:12 PM   #147
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: haslab unicron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanKong View Post
I'm not discounting that unicron is expensive, but some 3rd party combiners are just as expensive, like feral rex. Is the difference that those are 6 smaller robots vs one large robot? Do you think it would have been better if it came in multiple parts like FT Omega Supreme?
Feral Rex came at a time when the Canadian dollar was almost on par with the US dollar, and you didn't need to buy the 6th member to get Feral Rex. The total cost for 5 members of Feral Rex was around $600 Can, not around $1k.

In terms of multiple parts, I was wondering that myself. They do build a figure with their Marvel action figures, I'm surprised they haven't started something like this for Transformers to get some of the off scale figures out there.

Five or six figures of various sizes, released over several years, that combine into Unicron would probably be more appealing and digestible. They could do a whole story line about Unicron being split up into several minions/entities that need to be recombined to form the planet muncher. And then, they could do the same for Primus/Cybertron.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.