Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 06:40 PM   #599
Endlessdark
Generation 2
Re: Customizing Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Got a question. Due to a mix up quite a while ago, I ended up now having 2 MP-36 KO's, and now a real 36. I was considering removing the one pin to the last joint on each chain to make a very long chain, but the pin isn't really moving and I don't want to break it as I want this to be reversible if needed. Right now it's in the fridge to try to slightly shrink the metal, but I don't want to try the freezer due to hearing that clear plastic is more fragile than regular plastic.

Anyone have any suggestions? Oh, also, as I've heard this mentioned in other threads, no I don't own a "centre hole punch" whatever the heck that is.

Thanks!

Edit: Also I don't know what WD40 does to clear plastic.
It’s a Pin Punch, which you can find at places like Lowe’s it even Lee Valley. It’s a spring loaded punch that you press down on to activate. I wouldn’t recommend using it on such thin plastic though, especially clear. There’s a lot of power behind such a little spring. You can get regular punches though, which are just a solid piece of metal with a small end usually used for marking or pushing in finishing nails.

I’d recommend using Shock oil lubricant over WD40.
Endlessdark is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.