Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
Pascal
Banned
ROTF Scout Scattershot review

ALTERNATE MODE

-Some kind of dark blue plow truck with an unpainted grey shovel.
-Shovel can move up and down a bit due to transformation.
-Weapons on top of the cab can move up and down and rotate 360 degrees.
-Black painted windows, silver painted rims, grill and Autobot symbol, bronze-ish painted armor plates, mustard-ish painted headlights.
-Hands are slightly visible on top at the rear of the cab.

TRANSFORMATION

-Pull on the front section, split it in 2 and swing the shovel halves down to form the legs ("toes" are hidden behind the shovel halves).
-Split the cab in two, unfold the arms, fold the lower panel against the underside of the forearm for each arm, fold out the fist, swing down the gun handles into position inside the fists.
-Looking at the underside of the truck, fold back the rear section, swing the tie bar to which the arms are attached to up until it tabs under the rear section, tab in the shoulder plates on the rear section.
-Turn the head around (I prefer when it's turned around in truck mode so the face is not visible underneath but I'm pretty sure the official instructions won't bother), position the arms properly... you're done! Nothing too crazy, but still more complex than the average Scout.

ROBOT MODE

-Very good articulation: ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, hinged elbows, ball jointed forearms just under the elbows, fists can move inward/outward, waist rotation, ball jointed hips, ball jointed knees, ankles can rotate forward/backward
-Cool mechanical detailing on the (unpainted grey) chest, some more on the (unpainted black) lower legs and (unpainted grey) upper arms.
-You can see some mustard-ish painted fake headlights on his chest (at least I assume it's a fake truck front end, you can see a grill splitted in two)
-Guns can be popped off if you don't want them.
-Totally digging the headsculpt... looks like a cross between a SW Clone pilot, Juggernaut and X-Brawn.
-The grey pieces on both sides of his head almost look like suspenders, adding to the "work" look of the figure.
-Somehow the way the feet are formed reminds me of Movie Payload who's also walking on his windshield.

Just like Brakedown (another little marvel - just look at Peaugh's review), Scattershot almost feels like a mini deluxe. Just the right level of complexity with all the articulation you need in a good Transformer. I can't really find cons to that figure. Definitely one of the better Scouts out there.

Last couple shots...

Last edited by Pascal; 11-05-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.