Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 05:28 PM   #24
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag
Re: Hasbro Coupons for Toys R Us Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goaliebot View Post
Best value is $20 off $50, which is 40% off... but only if your pre-tax TF total is exactly $50. Which is nearly impossible to do. Closest I’ve found is 2 TR/PotP deluxes and a Legends class:

~$20
~$20
~$13
———
~$53
Ok, I put on the cheapskate hat and pulled up a spreadsheet to see what's realistically possible in terms of maximizing savings if you're planning on buying all the new molds in the first wave. Don't bet the farm on my math, because I could have made a mistake.

To buy the 2 Leaders, 2 Voyagers, 4 deluxes, 3 new Legion molds, and the 3 Prime Masters, would cost $323 dollars.

If it were possible to get $20 off $50 everytime, the maximum savings possible is $129.

Closest we can get to $50 is One Voyager $30, one legends $13, and a Prime Master $8, which is $51.

For Leader class figuers at $60, it doesn't matter if you use the $20 off coupon or the buy 2 get one free coupon. Because the cost averages out to be exactly the same, $40 per leader.

So best groupings I could think of is to buy each leader on its own, saving 20 on each.

Buy two groups of 1 voyager, 1 legends, 1 prime master, saving 20 on each.

Buy one group of 2 deluxes, 1 legion saving $20

And that leaves 2 deluxe, and 1 prime master, which you use the buy 2 get one free coupon on, saving 8 dollars.

Total savings on $323 is $108, which is roughly 33% off. Compared to $129 if you could some how get 40% off.

I think $108 the best we can hope for, unless you're teaming up with friends. You can probably squeeze out 10 more dollars if you can make up the last $2 on the last grouping.

But adding in another Prime Master or another legion figure won't do much for the savings, the closer the grouping total gets to $60, the closer the discount gets to 33%

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.