Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 08:13 AM   #1
johnstoy
Generation 1
Thumbs up Had a great time yesterday!

(Just wanting to post this for someone who is perhaps indecisive about the TFCon experience and attending themselves, or with their child like myself)

I attended yesterday with my 7 year old son - he is a huge TF fan, and is way more knowledgable than I am about all generations/series. I give him kudos for that.

When he first asked about going, I was hesitant. I was worried that he or I wouldn't have a good time, that it might be too boring or that the convention would be full of people too Transformer crazed to make it a pleasant experience.

I am happy to report that we did decide to go and it was a wonderful experience. From the time we arrived at the Delta and were unsure about where to go (I approached a lady in a Con shirt - figured she was in the know LOL), to the time we left after the costume contest (Caleb asked to go home - he was exhausted, poor guy).

We didn't encounter one rude person. I had other fans/parents talk to us, the dealers were great, we had no problem getting directions when leaving for lunch, both Garry and Paul were fabulous (Garry deserves an extra shout out - he was GREAT with my son, and went above and beyond what most keynote speakers/celebrities would do for a fan). We had pictures taken with many of the fans in costume - they were all agreeable, friendly and great about it, and I never once had trouble finding another fan willing to use my camera to take the picture for us.

We didn't spend an astronomical amount of money or anything. I am a mom on a tight budget and I told Caleb how much money he would have to spend in advance of going and that he was going to have to plan how to spend it after looking around once. He scored "The Fallen", which he had been desperate to find as well as an Animated Jazz that he was hoping for. Other then that, he got a few odds & ends - a poster and 3 mini cons. I admit to buying myself a Tshirt, an autographed script and a purple decepticon decal for my car LOL.

Sending a huge KUDOS out to the organizers of TFCon, the vendors, staff at the Delta, all of the special guests - Garry in particular, and the other fans out there for making our virgin trip to TFCon a fantastic one. We will be back next year

Last edited by johnstoy; 07-31-2011 at 08:17 AM.
johnstoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.