Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 08:08 AM   #10
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Earthrise un-appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOfflineMan View Post
I get the feeling that Hasbro originally tried to straddle the line and have the Generations lines of toys appeal to both kids and adults. I had trouble picturing kids actually playing with them as the transformations take too long and are far too intricate for dynamic play, not to mention the ball joints wear out mighty quick from play and the combiners fall apart rather easily.

With the Siege line, though, it seemed like they spent more on engineering and tool design (though not the raw materials, it seems) and moved the line towards adult collectors. Maybe the increased engineering costs and lower projected sales volumes pushed the prices up.

I'm rather new at collecting, but that's my view.
Interesting. I use mine pretty regularly and vigorously for stop morion and ball joints have never really worn down and my combiners have never fallen apart.

ER has its bright spots but they are already cost cutting ..but prices haven't dropped. Let's not also forget what is obviously happening, they did a massive price jump, yes, but that is also with a plan to make each size class a step down. Cliff shows that deluxe is headed as the new Legends and voyager will be the new deluxe. Case and point. Deluxe classics Sideswipe is the same size as ER Grapple, who I adore but I'm not about to dive into, essentially, a future of 35 a "legend" and 45 a "deluxe". I like ER a ton but am already cherry picking and planning. Impulse buys are a thing of the past, sadly.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.