Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #1006
Grayfox
Crossover
Re: The Montreal/Quebec Local Fans Banter Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhawi View Post
Regarding workers checking stock. I've worked retail before.

*snip*

Best times to ask:
- Early in the morning. Preferably in the morning. opening. Ask when they refill their aisles so you get dibs almost all the time.
- Person to ask. The person who refills the aisles. That's the person they call over the phone whenever there's a price error or whatever questions from the cash. Call them by their first name so they can't pull shit on you.

I don't bother asking these days cause of time constraint. The wife decides a last minute shopping due to kids. I can't hunt as much cause of lack of sleep and I take care of both kids. I normally arrive there with the wife or I'm rushing. I don't hunt as much and don't know the people anymore.
Good tips, yes. I've been working retail for over 12 years now, and indeed, giving good service is satisfying and has it's advantages. Though I've yet to hook up with any female coworkers, hah.

I have learned my lesson and no longer ask any employee to check stock for me. I'll figure out who the manager of the dept. is and wait until I see them in an aisle. If I don't get anything from them, that's when I give up. And that sometimes lead to me ordering the figure online. Less money for that store.

I think it sucks that up here, we don't get the same info people do in US based stores. I've read multiple times that upc scanners in these stores, the ones bolted to columns when you check prices, will not only give you the item prices, but also the quantity the store has. So no employees can pull a fast one telling you they don't got any. Wish WalMarts and TRUs had that.
Grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.