Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 09:51 AM   #9
xueyue2
Canadian Slag
Re: SS86 Hot Rod and Scourge

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfallenangel View Post
Cyclonus is easily the best.. he's better plastic, huge compared, and looks near perfect. The only gap is required (behind the legs) due to transformation. His worst "con" is his gun feels a bit cheap and he should have a second one to balance him out (under both wings in jet mode, instead of on top that looks terrible and takes away from him) That's one detail that the Generation does have that he should have had: some sort of weapons molded in, as the jet mode is bare of weapons.

Considering that he could be found at 29$ makes him a huge bargain.

Between the other two it's close to being a tie.

They both do look really incredible, spot on in so many ways.

The plastic is passable, but reminds me of the older cheaper lines... Scourge is solid in hand, so he gets a pass for that, but Hot Rod is scary as the plastic is thin, and mine is already wobbly loose after just a day or two of playing/posing/testing/transforming, and I feel that his arms are going to be the weak point and could eventually break... I really believe that when people report breakage, that'll be it.

The articulation as mentioned is where they lose out the most.

Scourge feet are his main issue as being back-heavy, the lack of feet pivots makes him hard to stand up without him tipping over.

And Hot Rod is the arms big time... those are his down-fall.

The accessories really aren't enough to make him a voyager as even as a deluxe, he's small. Sure, he's very detailed and all that, lots of parts, but that's the thing, they should have simplified him and could have avoided these issues.

Transformation, Scourge is much easier, but ends up with the underneath kibble in alt mode. Hot Rod is fairly complex and a pain to tab (even after close to a dozen times doing it) but once done, the car does look great and no kibble and actual acceptable clearance, nothing drags on the ground! (God that's been a stupid issue for the WFC cars)

For Hot Rod, the issues for the arms completely screws him over, it's like he'd lose 5 points just for that.

So for price and overall feel to them, Scourge wins out.. I just have to give it to him.

Thank you! I already have Cyclonus,I guess now I can less my expectation for the other 2.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

Last edited by xueyue2; 01-18-2021 at 11:06 AM.
xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.