View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 12:40 AM   #46
OldOfflineMan
Beasty
OldOfflineMan's Ebay Auctions
Re: Most Disappointing Figures of 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
No, that was one of the main problems with the set. Super Ginrai, on his own, felt very underwhelming. The figure is very hollow for the price...

...If you didn't get Takara's Super Ginrai or the LG-EX set, you really aren't missing much at all.
LG-EX did fix many of the issues in LG-35/42 and it did have Cab and Minerva plus shiny plastic, but I agree with you that the price was outrageous. In principle having Cab and Minerva was nice, but they spent their entire time I had them sitting in Godbomber. The shiny plastic was a good tribute to the toy, but they're the only ones in the Generations line that use it. They stick out like sore thumbs on display. The annoyances that were fixed weren't really that annoying to me to begin with.

One good thing LG-EX did was drive the price for LG-35/42 into the ground. My set only cost less than $100 (had multiple sets offered) and I get to realize my childhood fantasy of having an official PM Prime + Apex Armour that wasn't a big brick with an over-sized head and puny arms.

Last edited by OldOfflineMan; 03-07-2019 at 12:44 AM.
OldOfflineMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.