Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 11:05 AM   #88
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Re: I said I wouldn’t and I did. Go "figure."

Dec 24 –Wing played by MMC R-29AM Aero Alpha Asterisk Mode TFCON Chicago 2018 exclusive

Well what can I say? Oddly just by sheer coincidence the advent started with an MMC TFCon Chicago exclusive and ends with an MMC TFCon Chicago and exclusive, go figure. Well, this is the only figure I shot for this advent with my “new” fixed lens. I was hesitant to try it since I didn’t want to use it until I had practiced with it bit. Anyway I was really scared about this figure with regards to him not showing up in time. I ordered it from PSX at the end of October and with all the CP stuff going on and it getting lost (was supposed to be 5-11 days to my door but I didn’t actually get him until December 12). So he arrived and broken unfortunately. It’s not noticeable in any pics but for the headache of buying an exclusive and having it arrived damaged well needless to say I was not a happy camper. To be fair it was sealed and PSX is sending a replacement part so can't complain.

As for the figure I wanted it since I did pick up the TF Con Stray and thought they would make a solid pair. I watched a review for the transformation, articulation etc. and this guy doesn’t come with 2 heads like the original but the one he comes with seems to be new. I’m not a fan of the arms on this or Stray/Drift, but it’s a minor nitpick. Overall a solid piece from MMC and I really like the alt mode. One thing I would want is that the sword be uniform on both sides. That knob they put on it bugs me and I did my best to hide it. Colour scheme really works for me and nice touch that his “symbol” is portrayed on the scarf instead of the poncho to make him stand a bit further apart from the Stray mold. I mentioned the head sculpt being new (and I’m just assuming there) but I really like that as well. He has good articulation, nice balance and despite the trouble of getting him and the broken tab, I’m glad I did pick this up. Well done MMC, well done.

Last edited by wervenom; 12-24-2018 at 11:08 AM.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.