Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 07:37 PM   #28
steamwhistle
Crossover
Re: Medicine Hat man charged in retail fraud targeting retailers

It's terrible lining up in a staffed cashier line and then having someone in front start price-matching more than half their cart.

I'm okay with self-checkout.

From another article:
Staff Sgt. Cory Both told the News he can’t provide too many details of how the fraudulent transactions occurred to avoid encouraging copycat operations.

“We don’t want to broadcast that, so people can duplicate it,” he said. “There’s a way they were manipulating the price coding and using self-checkouts to defeat any store security measures.”

I'd guess he made stickers of UPCs of cheaper products and applied them in-store to the higher priced items.

Used self-checkouts... The hand-scanner would make sense. Using that would bypass the weight-check. I do believe those weight check things are programmed for each item. It's the same technology at grocery stores.

Or maybe even used a cashier to bypass the weight check. Guess to see which cashier might be least aware of the TF products...

Ah well-- glad they got him. Scalping is bad enough. Committing fraud to scalp, is like school on Saturday. No class.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.