Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 10:38 AM   #130
CanBot
Cybertron
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

The MP line is my gripe, or at least what it has become and where it is heading. Somebody mentioned obscelesence and I agree: after spending over a grand on the six seeker MP11s, I can bet you a block of energon that we see a version 3 next year. And before people claim it's a five year old mold, exactly! Five years, and they're ready to do another one. MP44 is the heart of the matter, and while it's an amazing piece, I'm sure that whatever Takara has in mind five years from now will be that much better. It''s a ride I have no more interest in being on. It's a line, yet they show no real intention of completing even the Ark crew, let alone Season 1. And to what aesthetic, who knows. Even the MP + line is going to look lame next to whatever version comes out by the time they decide to release the newer figs. Hound looks amazing...and most Datsuns carbots look lacking next to him. So there's that.

And enough of this 'they are toys meant for kids' garbage: the MP line is a nostalgic ADULT collector line. As such, they should think to what adults would want out of the line, especially at the newer costs. The QC issues are far too frequent and I find myself not opening new MPs with excitement but rather with fear...of missing accessories or broken parts. Or poorly designed parts that break in a mere few transformations. This is a real thing...and if I am to be honest, it's beem there almost from the beginning of my foray into MPs with Soundwave five years ago. And he prices just keeps going up with our dollar going lower.

I have had to really rethink my TF collection lately and I wish that cost was the only reason: it's not. Were these the 'masterpieces' they should be, I would still be happy with these. Instead, we get improved version like MP44...remember when MP10 was literally THE shit? I sure do. And it's still great...especially considering the cost it was. And I honestly think that Hasbro had a long term plan to get those lower priced MPs into our hands..only to see the line get more expensive with no improvememt in QC. Looking at you, Coneheads...exclusives, at that!

I had more fun this year tracking down the reiasue G1 stuff in Walmart than anything else. That should tell me something. I hope they keep it up.

But that MP line...I am not ordering MP44 and Hound may be next to be missed, depending on price.

Takara will eventually realize that if you sell to adults, they should expect the consequences of their often ill advised moves. They could have kept a guy like me along for YEARS but the recent turns have made that almost impossible. I fully wanted to keep collecting it all but they just kept doing the same shenanigans. It doesn't affect my love for the Transformers at all, that's beyond their reach, but it does mean my MP loyalty isn't what it was or will be, for good reasons. Rant over.

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.