Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 11:17 PM   #3
Shepp
Maverick Hunter
Shepp's Ebay Auctions
Re: Armada Predacon to Beast Wars Transmetal Megatron - Retrofit - Work in Progress

Step 1 - Take apart Beast Wars Transmetal Megatron

Click image for larger version

Name:	1 - BW TM Megatron Parts.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	2159
Click image for larger version

Name:	1 - Pieces - Crumbs.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	2160Click image for larger version

Name:	1 - Pieces - Head Snap.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	2161

There aren't any pictures for this part, since I had both figures apart long before I though to picture document the process. Sorry.

Get some white pieces of paper and do this on a level stable area that won't be disturbed.

Word of warning - there will be splinters. Keep a pair of tweezers and a first-aid kit handy.

As you take things apart, put them down on the white pieces of paper.

Set aside the tail for now.

Take apart the legs first, separating the brown (useless) parts from the usable parts.

Don't take apart more than you need to, and keep screws and pins near the parts they're associated with. Reassemble bulk parts that will go into the keep piece of paper.

Take apart the waist and split the parts up as you did the legs. Do not take apart the whole section that connects the read waist to the hip plate fan sections. we'll get to those later.

Unscrew the gear on the bottom of the torso and remove the silverish plate that connects to the tail anchor. Remove the pin and the brown bit.

Unscrew the biceps and put the forearms into the useable pile.

Remove the T-Rex head, take out the small brown bit at the back of the neck.

Pop the robot head out of the neck plate.

Now you should be left with the torso, or however much of it is left.

Its at this point that the shattering begins.

If you're feeling adventurous, carefully remove the pins holding the sides to the front of the torso as best you can.

There's a pin going horizontally across the chest, also carefully remove that as best you can.

Now you have the neck plate separated from the torso. Remove the pin and keep it with the neck plate portion.

I've taken apart the tail, but I wouldn't suggest it at this time. You could always do it later. I'll go into my reasoning later.

There are some images of what your pieces of paper should look like at the top of the post.

You may want to store the keep and go parts in separate ziplock plastic bags. It really helps.

Nest Step, do the same with Armada Predacon.

Last edited by Shepp; 03-19-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.