Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 12:16 AM   #8
Nocturn
Previously Dead
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Opens at #1 in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
It's entirely possible. It's coming in well below projections. They spent X amount of dollars just making the fuckin' thing, and god knows how much afterwards promoting it. We've been seeing trailers for almost a year now. It's got the worst opening weekend of all five TF movies, and it's HIGHLY unlikely that it's going to sustain into next weekend. Word of mouth/critical reception isn't going to drive people to go see it and give it legs; if the primary audience didn't even really turn out for opening weekend, who else is let?

I mean, Batman vs Superman still made, what? 800 million dollars? That sounds like a huge winner success, but after budget, marketing, and the all-important "makes people hyped for Justice League and future DCEU movies" factor, it failed. I don't feel like looking up if it actually made WB any money or not but if it made any profit it was marginal after all the costs and ticket sales came in.

International may or may not save it but if Money Talks, this is about the only thing that could force any significant changes in how Paramount/Hasbro approach the TF franchise. And that's the reality. I can't stand these movies, I'm begging for a different take, different director, writers that come from a different orbit, but the movies had made all involved stupid amounts of money. They've had no incentive to make any changes.
*whisper* TLK already made budget +$50M

B v S was such a failure that they cancelled wonder woman, oh wait
No

They don't give a fuck as long as they make money :-)

Last edited by Nocturn; 06-26-2017 at 12:19 AM.
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.