Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 01:28 AM   #16
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: Collecting Dilemma...Where to go from here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 View Post
I began collecting again back with the first release of the Generations line. On a whim I picked up Starscream and Bumblebee to have on my computer desk...next thing I knew I was running out to complete the 1st wave and then the second..ect...Then I ventured into the MP line with the TRU release of MP-01 Optimus Prime...That set the bar for me..as time went on and the different lines came out with all the 3rd party companies jumping in I had to make a few decisions as to what to collect..in the end I have kinda been disappointed with a lot of the official Hasbro stuff lately, cheap plastics, hollow gaps with no covers and increased price for less of a figure...so recently I have been focused on more of the MP/3rd party figures..I still occasionally will pick up a cool Hasbro figure, but the MP stuff has caught my eye...Although the new siege line looks kinda promising...have to wait and see..lol
While I'm more of a "robot" collector (for over 40 years), Transformers have been a huge part of it for the last 10+years simply because I like the design of many of them, and that I can afford them at the lower end of 5$-50$ on average per figure (and higher for the special larger ones) compared to the other series that are 300$+ (up to 500$+), and I simply cannot justify nor afford such amounts over what are, after all, toys.

I've started getting many of the Lost Planet series (MFT) as again, they are much more affordable than the Bandai "originals", and some other third party figures (non-transformers).

Like you I find that the prices and quality have been getting worse, with thinner and more brittle plastics, emptiness of parts and larger price tags, regardless of what certain people say in defense of such approaches from Hasbro (in their constant passive-aggressive comments/attacks, which lead me to put some member on ignore).

That said, I am guilty of getting every Siege figure that is out at this time, and while they are overpriced, at least, the plastic is much better than the regular fare we've been seeing, the larger figures are actually "closed" with almost no emptiness syndrome, the transformations are somewhat complex but leaves very little kibble... this is the first of any series that I actually went and got every figure, as normally, I tend to concentrate more on individual figures, mostly planes and tanks (or such vehicles that would be more prone to being "piloted"). I look forward (but my wallet isn't) to see the leaders and Omega, and hope that the TrU winter coupons come out soon.

But as per the main question... my collection has grown a LOT and I can no longer even display but a fraction of it (heck I can't even count how many are in my office at this very moment, but it's a few hundreds), and I am considering sorting and selling part of it, but it'll be hard to do, and it comes down that I didn't buy any to resell, but because I enjoyed them.

Picture of the new shelves I put in a few days ago, which holds the Siege figures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04665.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	42385  

Last edited by imfallenangel; 01-03-2019 at 01:34 AM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.