Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion

View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 04:00 PM   #1
B13
I.Prefer.Decepticons
B13's Collection

Hi Everyone,

Before you go any further, skip down to the pictures if you're not interested in long blah-blah... Enjoy!

Oh, you stayed! Good.
Collecting is an adventure!
And this adventure is different for all of us.
Mine is almost done and after reading all your stories, I wanted to share mine too.
Please understand that this story is told denuded of any pretentious or braggart attitude.

I built a very personal collection. One I built to please me and me only. One built by an adult for an adult. You may find it small, but I feel like it's now complete, like I attained my goal and can turn the page on this never ending and always expensive hobby. Sure new awesome figures will always come out, but I spoiled myself enough for now... until a new MP Megatron comes out of course!

During the last two years, I scanned the market. I peeked at almost all the Transformer toys existing and started acquiring those really meaning something to me, on a sentimental or aesthetic level. I wanted “one of all the types”, to have a specific piece of everything available! I wanted original Transformers products, third party products, hand made products and customized products. I was successful enough to find and acquire them all. As you'll notice, I prefer Decepticons...

First, I acquired the pieces I loved the most in the 80s.

I always liked music and the tapes were always my favorite Transformer toys. I gathered all the Decepticon tapes and Soundwave figures, from the G1 era to the present time, using the tapes gimmick. Soundwave and his gang are cool characters and their evolution is up to their greatness!

I wanted to represent the evolution of the seekers too. In all, this brings the count to three generations of Soundwave and four generations the seekers. All my seekers are Skywarp except for my MP Acid Storm. I would prefer a MP Skywap, but I like my Acid Storm and as much as I like the MP-11 mold, I don't need two. I added a necessary Megatron G1 figure to the lot!

G1 Jetfire is an awesome and now expensive (and yellow) toy; I never owned it. As the Macross Super Valkyrie 1/55 mold can still be found at a reasonable price, I went that way. I'll never regret it! WHAT A GREAT TOY!!! Then I turned the page on the 80's chapter.

Next, I wanted something special. There are a lot of great artists out there and I wanted to get a one-of-a-kind piece customized to my likings. Million thanks again to Chonosmoon for providing me with a Tetra Jet Cybertronian Skywarp seeker! http://www.chonosmoon.com/transforme...ian-skywarp#/0 I always wanted a toy looking like the one he adjusted me. It feels really great to know that you're holding something that you're the only one to own!

I ordered a “hand made” piece from Eagle; his very cool Decepticon tape Not-Swoop. You need to get one if you collect tapes!

The third party figure's spot was taken by a UT Sharky and some Shapeways 3D printed accessories.

I was incredibly lucky in finding this year a near-perfect-for-its-age Bandai Godaikin Abega starship. No one I encountered recognize this toy and I really wonder where my parents found this in 1984.

If you like the ED-209 bot from Robocop (1987), I recommend the Neca offering. It's really great for its price! It's the perfect support for my Cobra soldiers. The new way they make the GI Joe figures now is fantastic!

As my User Name says, I like the number 13 and enrolled in my mad squad are BT-13, MP-13B and a Super Valkyrie tagged number 13. Three of my favorite figures sports my favorite number.

Of course I have some Autobots. The most notorious of them would be MP Grimlock. I couldn't pass on him for a price of 75$! On the other hand, MP-10B is 100% Decepticon. I wanted him to be accompanied by the ancestor of the MP brand, a Takara Binaltech Laserwave shinning his evilness.

I placed all the instruction booklets in a plastic container placed on top of the shelves. That's useful and fun to look at once in a while!

In a way, with all the little details that make this small collection “my own”, I believe it's perfect! More would be too much for now. Having a lower amount of figures means a cleaner display of more appreciable pieces. To each is own though! You may disagree, but I think it's really cool. Anyway, as I said earlier, I spoiled myself enough for now...

Thank you for reading me! I hope collecting Transformers toys or other figures brings you as much joy as it does for me. Collecting is somehow a selfish pleasure and it can only remain fun as long as you do it responsibly. Have fun!

Before this ends, I would like to thank all the members who contributed in this collection! I'm sure you'll recognize the toys you sold me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D1D2.jpg
Views:	797
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	25978 Click image for larger version

Name:	D11a.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	26110 Click image for larger version

Name:	D11e.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	25980 Click image for larger version

Name:	D12a.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	25981 Click image for larger version

Name:	D12j.jpg
Views:	645
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	25982 Click image for larger version

Name:	D12k.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	25983 Click image for larger version

Name:	D13a.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	25984 Click image for larger version

Name:	D14a.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	25985 Click image for larger version

Name:	D21a.jpg
Views:	542
ID:	25986 Click image for larger version

Name:	D21c.jpg
Views:	557
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	25987 Click image for larger version

Name:	D21d.jpg
Views:	583
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	25988 Click image for larger version

Name:	D21f.jpg
Views:	611
ID:	25989 Click image for larger version

Name:	D22a.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	25990 Click image for larger version

Name:	D22c.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	25991 Click image for larger version

Name:	D22f.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	25992 Click image for larger version

Name:	D22h.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	25993 Click image for larger version

Name:	D23a.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	25994 Click image for larger version

Name:	D23f.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	25995 Click image for larger version

Name:	D24a.jpg
Views:	580
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	25996 Click image for larger version

Name:	D24b.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	25997

Last edited by B13; 11-08-2014 at 07:47 PM.
B13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Transformers Shopping

Donate to Cybertron.ca
Donations keep this site running, thanks for your support. More details here.